Overall student satisfaction – Victorian university rankings
- Our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework graduates have the highest level of overall satisfaction across Victorian universities.
- The majority of our current students consider the quality of their overall experience as 'good' or 'excellent'. Values for both undergraduates (83.2%) and postgraduates (79.2%) are the highest of Victorian universities.
Undergraduate students who rate their overall experience as 'good' or 'excellent'
Postgraduate students who rate their overall experience as 'good' or 'excellent'
Overall satisfaction by study area
Deakin undergraduates from the following nine study areas were significantly more positive about the quality of their overall experience than the national average:
- agriculture and environmental studies
- business and management
- creative arts
- health services and support
- humanities, culture and social sciences
- science and mathematics
- teacher education.
Source: QILT 2018 update, SES
Satisfaction with teaching and learning
Compared to the national average our students were more satisfied with:
- learning resources
- student support
- skills development*
- learner engagement**.
Satisfaction of current students at Deakin is the highest of Victorian universities for:
- teacher quality
- skills development
- learning resources (five years in a row).
* undergraduates only
** postgraduate coursework only
Sources: QILT 2018 update, University Experience Survey 2013, SES 2014–17 and GOS
Students are our best advocates
New students who recommended Deakin
Higher degree by research students who recommended Deakin
Sources: 2017 Getting Started at Deakin Survey and 2016 Higher Degree by Research Survey
Globally competitive rankings
Deakin has an international reputation. We are recognised globally for our high-quality facilities, teaching and research.
- Deakin was awarded a five-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). The rating indicates Deakin is world-class in a broad range of areas, has cutting-edge facilities and is internationally renowned for its research and teaching (see QS Stars).
- We are number 31 in the QS World University Rankings of Universities Under 50 Years.
- Deakin is in the top 1% of the world's universities according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2018. This indicates world-class facilities, research and teaching, as well as employability, innovation and inclusiveness.
- 201–300 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)
- 271 in the 2020 QS World University rankings
- 351–400 in the 2019 Times Higher Education (THE) rankings
Special focus rankings
For the last three years, Deakin has been in the top 20 globally in the QS Distance Online MBA Rankings. This ranking of online MBAs uses 18 indicators including: employer reputation, work experience of the students, accreditation and completion rate.
School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
For the last two years Deakin's School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences has been ranked the best in the world in the ARWU Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments. This ranking uses several indicators of academic or research performance, including the quality of research publications and the number of times research work is cited by others globally.